Safety & Hygiene
Covid-Safe House Policy
We are taking every possible preventative measure to ensure that guests, staff and suppliers of Jounieh Walshbay, are protected from potential transmission of COVID-19. We are a registered Covid-Safe venue, and have implemented a safety plan.
KEY PREVENTATIVE MEASURES
Covid-safe officer: For each shift, a highly trained Covid-Safe Officer is appointed for both FOH & BOH to oversee and enforce all Covid-Safe House Policies.
- Daily reporting and recording of staff attendance, staff temperatures, guest contact details and attendance, cleaning checks, visitors register
- Daily reports and records to be kept on file for a minimum of 28 days
- All staff to complete Covid-Safe House Policy training before commencing first shift back to work
- Refresher Fink Covid-Safe House Policy training to be completed at least once a month
- Regular monitoring of Australian Government Health websites
- Sanitizer stations situated at entry/exit, outside guest bathrooms and staff work areas
- Hand washing facilities readily available within guest bathrooms, and staff work areas
- Menus: single use disposable food and beverage menus only
- Single use linen napkins and table cloths
- All staff to wash and sanitize hands prior to clocking in/out for all shifts and breaks
- All staff to wash and sanitize hands before and after eating, sneezing, coughing, handling rubbish, handling guest glassware, crockery, or cutlery, handling cash, or receiving a delivery
- Where possible, all staff to wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds every 30 minutes
- All staff to avoid skin-to-skin contact with guests and other staff, for example, no handshakes
- All staff are to observe 1.5m social distancing whenever possible
RESTAURANT SEATING CONFIGURATION
- Ensure the indoor area is sufficient to allow for 2m² per person
- Table service only – no standing or bar service
- Electronic payment only accepted
- Cash transactions – avoid where possible
- Covid-Safe House Policy
- Hand washing and sanitizing instructions
- Social distancing instructions
- COVID-19 symptoms information
- Condition of Entry information
CLEANING & SANITIZING
- Daily professional cleaning of the restaurant in its entirety.
- Ongoing cleaning during restaurant service periods:
- Guest bathrooms – at 60 minute intervals – sanitizing of all surfaces
- High touch areas – at 60 minute intervals – sanitizing of all surfaces, i.e. doors, handrails, etc.
- Tables/chairs – sanitize after each guest seating
- Table condiments – on request only, sanitized after each use
- EFTPOS terminals – sanitize after each use
- Commercial dish and glass washers – wash cycle set to a minimum of 65-71 degrees, sanitization cycle 82 degrees.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Entry denied if COVID-19 symptoms are evident or if the following conditions are not met. Guests
- QR code check-in required upon entry
- No standing/mingling is permitted
- No dancing is permitted Staff
- Staff are to stay home if they are sick or have symptoms and go home if they become unwell.
- If any staff show symptoms, they will be required a test prior to returning
- All staff to have temperature checked prior to every shift by Covid-Safe Officer, and temperatures must be logged with name, date, time, signatures of staff and Covid-safe officer Delivery Drivers/ Sales Reps/ Tradesmen
- All non-staff/guest visitors who enter the premises to provide name and contact details, plus in and out time – recorded in the visitor register
- sanitise hands prior to entering
Where possible, staff roles will be allocated to prevent cross contamination, defined as either PreGuest or Post-Guest tasks. Pre-Guest All activity prior to guest touching an item i.e. untouched glassware, cutlery, food, menus.
Pre-Guest duties include:
- Meet, greet and seat guests
- Menu ordering
- Delivery food and beverage
- Unstack dish or glass washer
All activity after a guest touches an item i.e. used glassware, plates, cutlery, menus. Post-Guest duties include:
- Clearing tables
- Stack dish or glass washer
TOGETHER WE CAN HELP STOP THE SPREAD!